Sunday 5 December 2010

Davie's ten top Early Ooters' Walks of 2010

Here are Davie's 10 top walks of this year. How far do you agree or disagree?

6 January - Cumnock to Ochiltree in the snow 9/10
10 February - Ness Glen Circle on a frosty day 9/10
31 March - Botanic Gardens to the Yoker Ferry , dry but overcast 9/10
14 April - Culter Fell and King Bank Head. Weather superb. 9/10
26 May - The Cobbler. Very sunny, visibility excellent 10/10
2 June - Maidens - Dunure. Sunny and warm 10/10
25 August - Kilsyth Hills. Weather excellent and views superb 9/10
1 September - Lowthers. Fabulous weather 8/10
3 October - Puy de Mantet. Sunny and warm 10/10
20 October - Scaur Valley on a beautiful autumn day 9/10

Holly and I did the Falls of Clyde Circle last Friday. I would have to give that 10/10 because of the snowy conditions. It was one of the nicest walks I have ever done in my life and I have done this walk a score of times!

I suppose there would be no argument that the worst walk of the year was the Kelly Cut, 2/10!

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Hi Davie,
On the whole I would agree with you but would give the Cumnock - Ochiltree walk that day 10/10
I missed the Cobbler but the pictures look fantastic and it may well come out tops as the walk of the year. So in place of this I would give you the Striding Arches on 4 August 8/10